this recipe from Bon Appetit.
Total time to cook: 15 minutes
Makes two servings
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut onto one-inch pieces
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and black pepper, for seasoning
1/8 cup grated parmesean cheese
- In a medium pan, heat the olive and butter over medium heat. When the butter is melted and starting to bubble, add the garlic and onion, cooking until the garlic starts to turn light brown, about one to two minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook until it's tender but still firm, stirring often, about three to five minutes.
- Mix in the lima beans and peas, season with the crushed red pepper flakes (or not, if you don't want the heat), a little kosher salt and pepper, and cook for another three minutes. The lima beans should start to brown a little. Turn off the heat and set the vegetables aside.
- Divide the vegetables into two bowls. Using a slotted spoon, place each egg on top.
- Season with a little more kosher salt and pepper and the grated parmesean. Serve right away.