this recipe from Bon Appetit. I wasn't crazy about the chicken part of this recipe, though, so I won't post about it. Cooking the chicken breast with with the bone in required extra time and effort - two things that are unwelcome on a weeknight - with little payoff. The carrots saved the dish.
Time to cook: 20 minutes
Makes two servings
- 1/2 pound regular-sized carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I lined the baking sheet with parchment paper to make cleanup easier (my baking sheet has gotten really hard to clean lately), but you don't have to.
- In a small bowl, mix the carrots with the almonds, honey, and olive oil. Lay carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle any remaining honey/olive oil/almonds from the bowl on top.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, or until the carrots start to soften and the bottom tips brown. As you can see from the picture, I roasted them for 20 minutes and the bottoms burned a little, so start with 15 minutes and then keep checking in.
- Serve hot.