- Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Spiced Lamb Burgers
Time to cook: 20 minutes
Makes two servings (two burgers per person), or four servings if you serve one burger per person with a side
3/4 lb ground lamb
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 cup fresh arugula
1/2 cup sliced onions (any kind)
1 small container greek yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Two pieces of pita bread, cut into quarters
- In a medium bowl, mix the lamb, cumin, smoked paprika, pepper, coriander, and cayenne until the spices are fully blended with the meat. Form into small patties; there should be four.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat (or use your grill, if you're so lucky to have one). When it's screaming hot-you can test it by sprinkling a few drops of water and seeing if they dance-cook the lamb patties. About five minutes per side should do it.
- While the burgers are cooking, line a plate with a paper towel. When the burgers are done, place on the paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Also while the burgers are cooking, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Build the burgers: pita, burger, spoonful of yogurt sauce, arugula, onion slices, pita. Serve hot.