Search

Watermelon-Orange Mimosa

This picture isn't the best (it was taken with a phone), but you get the gist of how pretty this is all put together. A friend hosted a fantastic brunch today - I rarely make "real" drinks, but this watermelon-orange mimosa seemed so simple that I thought it'd be fun to make in addition to a zucchini/chocolate bread. It was simple, in the sense that it required minimal steps and ingredients, but beware that if you don't have some kind of juicing device, squeezing juice from seven oranges by hand is a pain in the butt. That being said, it was light and delicious, and I had no idea it would bubble up so much and look so nice when the champagne hit the watermelon mixture.



Total time to cook: 20 minutes (the time it takes to squeeze all the fresh orange juice)
I wish I could say how many individual drinks this makes, but in the face of a full brunch spread, I got a little distracted from keeping track.

Ingredients:
2 lbs watermelon cubes (remove any seeds)
6-7 oranges, juiced (about 1.5-2 cups of juice)
1 bottle champagne
Steps:
- Blend the watermelon cubes and orange juice until it's completely smooth.
- Chill overnight.
- Make each mimosa to order, first some watermelon mixture and then champagne (we eye-balled it, but I'm thinking about 1/2 part champagne to 1 part watermelon mixture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment