Search

White Bean & Basil Dip

Come Sunday, I'm often on the hunt for ways to use ingredients left over from other recipes so nothing goes to waste. This week, I had cannellini beans from salads for lunch and basil from the corn and tomato salad I made a few days ago. I don't eat dip very often, but I was going to see my parents this afternoon and thought it'd be nice not to arrive empty-handed. I didn't need to season this at all, given how flavorful the basil is on its own, and the parmesean made it a little creamy. I would recommend tasting it after 15 seconds of blending to see if it needs more olive oil to get a smoother texture (mine did).



Makes about 1/1.5 cups dip
Total time to cook: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
7 oz (about 1/2 can) cannellini beans (to use a whole can, just double the basil and parmesean)
3/4-1 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
1/4 cup grated parmesean
4 tbsp olive oil, or as much as is needed
Steps:
- Combine the beans, basil and parmesean in a food processor
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil
- Blend for about 15 seconds, taste and add remaining olive oil (or more or less, depending on how the texture is at that point)
- Chill before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment