Search

Savory Corn & Zucchini Pancakes

These savory pancakes are light, fluffy and feel virtuous because I'm pretty sure there are way more vegetables in the batter than there is actual batter. Don't scrimp on the mint or the lemon zest - they add a mountain of flavor. The corn, which cooks as the pancakes cook, gives them a crunchy texture that I sometimes miss when I'm eating pancakes. I ate them with a little sour cream on the side, but they can stand on their own. I have to give the credit to my mom for this, she sent me the recipe earlier today.



Total time to cook: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk (2%)
1/3 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup grated zucchini
1 ear's worth of corn kernels
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup chopped mint
Lemon zest from one lemon
2 tsp vegetable oil
Steps:
- Mix the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the zucchini, corn, onions, mint and lemon zest.
- Heat one teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the pancakes, using about a quarter cup of the batter for one pancake.
- Flip after about two minutes, or until it's golden brown on one side.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown (take the pan off the heat and add the rest of the oil about halfway through.)
- Serve hot or at room temperature (with a little sour cream, if you like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment